WATERMELON SALAD WITH FETA & HERBS
Prep Time15 Minutes
This simple, yet sophisticated salad based on a summer staple. The fresh flavor profile makes it an ideal side dish to accompany grilled chicken or fish.
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablepoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced and quartered
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and process until emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss all of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with just enough dressing to lightly coat the arugula. Toss again to distribute the dressing and serve immediately.