Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
This versatile soup is a great way to use up the leftovers in your vegetable bin. Make it a meal by adding the pre-cooked protein of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or ghee
- 1 cup chopped onions or sliced leeks (white part only)
- 2-3 cups asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, mushrooms, spinach, or zucchini
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs of choice
- Heat the oil or ghee in a large saucepan. Add the onions or leeks and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the vegetables.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Using a blender or a stick blender, process the soup until smooth.
- Just before serving, add the salt and pepper to taste. If desired, stir in a handful of fresh herbs like chives, parsley, tarragon, or thyme.