SALMON BURGERS WITH DILLED CABBAGE SLAW
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time10 Minutes
Stock your pantry with the ingredients for this omega 3-rich spin on the traditional burger. Add a bag of pre-shredded cabbage from the produce department to make it a meal!
- 14 oz. bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 4 – 5 oz. canned skinless boneless wild-caught pink salmon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Put the coconut milk, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ cup dill in a blender and process to combine. Toss with the cabbage and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, almond flour, parsley, the remaining salt, garlic powder, and dill. Form four equal-sized patties.
- Heat a skillet over a medium flame and add olive oil. Cook the burgers 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Divide the slaw between four plates. Top each plate with a salmon burger and serve.