Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time20 Minutes
These kid-friendly chicken fingers are nut-free and gluten-free, making them the perfect option for those with food allergies or sensitivities to nuts and grains.
- ½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts, sliced into “fingers”
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Whisk until mixed well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cassava flour, coconut flour, salt, and spices.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg until frothy.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each chicken finger into the egg to coat, then dredge in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and place in the hot oil. Repeat for remaining chicken fingers.
- Flip the chicken fingers to evenly brown on both sides, adjusting the heat as needed.
- When cooked through, remove fingers to a platter. Serve immediately with honey-mustard dipping sauce.