GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS
Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time45 Minutes
Take a culinary trip to the Acropolis with this tasty one-pot meal.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Stir the first 5 ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the chicken on a cutting board and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix over the skin.
- Melt the ghee in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken, skin side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the chicken and brown for an additional 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onions and garlic to the skillet. Sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in the broth, bell peppers, artichoke halves, and the remaining seasoning mix. Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the veggies and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice with a zesty Greek salad on the side.