Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Light and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this version of the oven-baked German pancake is more popover than pancake. Topped with fresh fruit, it’s a sweet way to start the day!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound organic strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Place a cast-iron pan inside the oven and preheat it to 425°F.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Using a handheld mixer or immersion blender, whisk them for 15 to 20 seconds. Add the coconut milk & vanilla extract. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Blend continuously until the lumps are gone. Scrape down the sides when needed. Let it rest for 5 minutes to give the coconut flour time to absorb enough liquid.
- Add the butter to the pan and return it to the oven for 3 minutes until the butter melts and becomes frothy. Pour the batter into the center of the pan and place it in the oven to cook for 30 minutes or until puffed.
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice, & zest in a medium bowl.
- Top the Dutch Baby with the fruit and serve immediately.