CROCK-POT SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time6 Hours
Before heading out for a day of summer fun, toss all the ingredients in your slow cooker and get ready to come home to a festive South-of-the-Border meal!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Shred the chicken once it is thoroughly cooked. Stir to mix with the sauce.
- Serve with sliced avocados, chopped cilantro, and limes. Or stuff into romaine lettuce leaves for a gluten-free spin on tacos.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or stashed in the freezer for up to 3 months.