CLEMENTINE & ROASTED BEET SALAD
Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time60 Minutes
The sweetness of the beets is a perfect foil for the tanginess of the clementines. Nestled into a bed of spicy arugula and sprinkled with goat cheese and pistachios, this salad is the perfect way to celebrate the flavors of fall. As a bonus, the ingredients are bursting with anti-inflammatory compounds.
- 2 medium beets
- 6 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt Ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Scrub the beets well. Wrap in foil and place in a small baking dish. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before unwrapping, then cool for an additional 10 minutes. Using a paper towel or a pair of disposable gloves (the beets will stain your skin!), rub off the beet skin and trim off the edges. Slice the beets into wedges.
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, oil, and salt in a small bowl. Add the beets to the dressing, toss to coat, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- To assemble, arrange the arugula onto four plates. Top with clementine sections and beet wedges. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese and pistachios.