Prep Time5 Minutes
Cook Time20 Minutes
This creamy cauliflower mushroom risotto is the perfect low carb side dish. It’s so rich and delicious, you won’t believe it’s grain-free.
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower (the frozen version works just as well as the fresh, no need to thaw)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ to ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, add more as desired
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted and hot. Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms are tender and just turning golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add the cauliflower, and toss to coat in the butter. Add the white wine and cook until the liquid has bubbled away. Add the broth a few tablespoons at a time, stirring frequently and letting it evaporate each time.
- When the cauliflower is almost tender, add a little more broth and a few tablespoons of cream. Cover with a lid and continue to cook, allowing the cauliflower to steam until tender. Add more broth and/or cream if needed.
- Stir in the Parmesan and add any additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with additional grated parmesan as desired.