BRAISED SHORT RIBS
Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time2.5 Hours
Slow cooking short ribs is the secret to tender fall-off-the-bone meat. Plus, with this recipe, you can just prep it and forget it in the oven!
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups of beef bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 352 F.
2. Sprinkle the ribs with salt and pepper.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat, and place the ribs in the pot in a single layer (you may have to do this in batches).
4. Brown the ribs on all sides, then remove to a plate until all the ribs are browned.
5. Add the onion and garlic cloves to the pot and cook for about five minutes or until the onion is soft. Add a pinch of the salt and the vinegar, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits.
6. Return the ribs to the Dutch oven and pour the stock over the beef and onions. Bring to a boil before turning off the heat and placing a lid on the pot.
7. Carefully transfer the pot to the preheated oven and cook for approximately 2.5 hours or until tender. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to three days.