Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time25 Minutes
Light and fluffy, these muffins are a perfect grab-and-go treat to start your day. Best of all, they are gluten-free and don’t contain any refined white flour or sugar.
- ½ cup organic milk or unsweetened nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 2½ tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup blueberries or dark, lowsugar chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, applesauce, butter or coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Slowly stir into the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the banana, chia seeds, and optional berries or chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin liner with the batter until about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a covered container for up to four days.