BACON “MAC” & CHEESE
Prep Time20 Minutes
Cook Time60 Minutes
Trade in traditional macaroni for cauliflower in this cheesy, keto-friendly rendition that will have your family asking for more.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with mustard, onion powder, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Cut the bacon into ½-inch pieces and distribute evenly over the cauliflower. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir the cauliflower and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the broth and cream, whisking to combine. Bring to a low bubble, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the cheese, stirring continuously until melted.
- Take the cauliflower and bacon out of the oven and add to the cheese sauce. Stir until cauliflower is fully coated. Serve immediately.