EGGS ‘N LOX STACK
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time15 Minutes
This tasty brunch or breakfast recipe features inflammation-busting salmon and asparagus. Paired with eggs and dressed with sweet cherry tomatoes, it’s the perfect way to start the day!
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee, divided
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large eggs, preferably pastured or organic
- 14 asparagus spears, preferably organic
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter or ghee in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Gently mash the tomatoes using the back of a wooden spoon. Add the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Trim the woody ends off each asparagus spear and discard. Steam the spears until just tender. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter or ghee in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the whites are set.
- To assemble, place 7 asparagus spears on each plate. Top with the tomato mixture, salmon, and eggs. Sprinkle with black pepper and chives. Serve immediately.